An Introduction to NCMOM
- The North Carolina Missions of Mercy (NCMOM) portable free dental program is an outreach program of the North Carolina Dental Society.
- The program's primary sponsor is the North Carolina Dental Health Fund which is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization whose mission is:
- "To provide free dental services to those in financial need with few or no other options."
- To involve as much of the dental community of the state in the treatment of the under served as is possible.
- NCMOM is a grassroots effort, dependent entirely on volunteers, including dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, and scores of general volunteers which donate their time and talents tirelessly.
- Since the clinics are held in areas provided by the hosting organizations, there are no facility expenses.
- The majority of the supplies are obtained at discounted rates from dental supply dealers.
- NCMOM is dependent on funding from charitable organizations, civic organizations, private corporate & personal donations as well as grants.
Goals for the NCMOM-Charlotte Project
TEAM WITH MINISTERIAL, CIVIC AND CORPORATE ORGANIZATIONS TO:
- Provide free dental treatment services to 2,500 or more qualifying adults.
- Set-up a mobile on one hundred (100) station dental treatment facility with thirty-six (36) operational hours.
- Set-up Registration, Health Screening, X-ray and Triage Stations to support the dental treatment facility.
- Inclusion of other regional mobile dental facilities such as the Ada Jenkins Dental Van and the Colgate Regional Dental Bus
- To provide special benefits/services to those who seek services at the Charlotte MOM Project.
- Encourage awareness and future volunteerism for the benefit of these allied dental facilities.
- To verify the NC MOM Program as a ministry in the hearts and minds of the sponsors, the volunteers (both professional and non) and the public.
NCMOM is an affiliated program of the North Carolina Dental Society.